3 WORD REVIEW: FRESH, SALINE, CITRUS
Try this if you enjoy Chablis
Lluerna is extremeley mineral, beautifully saline and fresh, with citrus and floral aromas, and notes of flint and fennel.
90% of the grapes come from the 2019 harvest while the other 10% from the 2018 harvest. The wine is unflitered, and then aged for over a year in 300 litre old French oak. No sulphites are added at any stage.
Xarel-lo is the essence of Penedès. Cultivated almost throughout Catalonia, it is in La Bleda, where Els Vinyerons sits, where it is most consolidated. Xarel·lo is one of the 3 varieties of Cava, but in last years still wines have appeared, trying to extract the immense potential of this grape. Alex calls it their weakness! It has stolen their hearts, and their challenge is to achieve wines that express all the character of this vine and the essence of the vineyard where it comes from.
Food Match: Oysters, Seafood
Organic, Biodynamic, Vegan, Vegetarian